Curved Blades - Unicorn Fiction

This is the forum for the collected stories of what makes the Unicorn who we are and how we related to the greater community of Rokugan inside the real world

Moderators: Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Magistrates

Coyote Walks
Ashigaru

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 am

Mantis Clan • Coyote • Shugenja • Earth • Trickster • Nonhuman • Spirit • Storyteller • Progressive
Why drinking and horses don't mix.
Image: The table is yours.

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:52 am

A really well written fiction in my opinion. A solid reminder of why I chose to play Unicorn.

It's good to be back! So, what'd you guys think?

P.S. - Also, thanks for the original post Coyote!
Bushi • Commander • TacticianCavalry

Horiuchi Meimei
White Guard

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Good stuff!
"The Mantis have power over thunder and lightning but there is more to the storm than that."

2012 Thunder Bay Kotei Winner
2013 Minneapolis Kotei Winner
2014 Green Bay Kotei Winner
2014 Thunder Bay Kotei Winner
Lots of t16/t8 and a few t4

Lammia
Ji-Samurai

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:38 am

If I may be allowed to paraphrase the character Elayne Trakand, This is hardly the worst Unicorn story I've read.

In all serious though, I'm still excited to see more. I could nitpick about most of the details (A Katana *is* a curved blade) but I'm not going to, I will wait to see more stories. Just like I'm wating to see more from Golden Plains Outpost before completely judging it.
I need to to give a huge (and rather late) thank you to all Winter Court 4 Unicorn players, especially our fearless leader. Thank you.

Utaku Yukino - WCIV

Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:55 pm

What I liked the best are the Unicorn are not portrayed as stupid... rather that they don't care about others misguided opinions about them.
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

Lammia
Ji-Samurai

Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:42 am

After a talk with a friend, I've come to agree that the Asako is actually a Shosuro. With that in mind I actually think story works as an introduction.

Has anyone asked their non L5r playing friends to read the fiction(s) and tell them what they think the clan(s) is(are) about?
I need to to give a huge (and rather late) thank you to all Winter Court 4 Unicorn players, especially our fearless leader. Thank you.

Utaku Yukino - WCIV

• Information