TSE Previews are up

A place for those from far and wide to present themselves to the Khan and engage those from far and wide in conversation.

Moderators: Moto Seals, Ide Yesugei, Utaku Hidaki, Shinjo Magistrates

Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:03 am

Nuff said
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

evilmerlin
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:58 am

Thanks! Overall, I am quite happy with most of them. The only stinker is Heavy Chargers, boy is that a terrible card. Good support for all the themes too. Didn't get someone crazy like Rukia or Bunoro but good stuff all round. Two very solid uniques in the form of The Khan and Longtooth.

MotoKCi
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:16 am

OMG OMG OMG, i'm pretty excited about the next set.

I think the previews verge on awesome for me. Some cards are weak, but most of them are very playable, and i'm super excited with The Khan!

Looks like some of us will have to eventually cave in and make a commander deck, they still feel crappy to me, but so many cards are related to commanders/followers now, and even our Khan have an element of it.
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

New Zealand Kotei Winner 09,10,11,13,14,15
Best sportsman 2007

evilmerlin
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:13 am

And you know what? I don't see a single personality that has a "works better if you are another clan" ability! Finally!

Moto Muck
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:41 pm

evilmerlin wrote:And you know what? I don't see a single personality that has a "works better if you are another clan" ability! Finally!
i'm patiently waiting for the other out-of-clan personality that works better for us (hopefully not just nijugun) since we have 2 that work better for other clans

Shinjo Atreyu
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:10 pm

MotoKCi wrote:OMG OMG OMG, i'm pretty excited about the next set.

I think the previews verge on awesome for me. Some cards are weak, but most of them are very playable, and i'm super excited with The Khan!

Looks like some of us will have to eventually cave in and make a commander deck, they still feel crappy to me, but so many cards are related to commanders/followers now, and even our Khan have an element of it.
This.
Moto Muck wrote:
evilmerlin wrote:And you know what? I don't see a single personality that has a "works better if you are another clan" ability! Finally!
i'm patiently waiting for the other out-of-clan personality that works better for us (hopefully not just nijugun) since we have 2 that work better for other clans
As a newer player (relative to most of you), might I ask who those are?
Jamie Vann - The Monstore - Montclair, California
CavalryTactician • Commander • Courtier • Imperial Explorer • Ki-Rin Clan • Samurai

Moto Muck
White Guard

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Shinjo Atreyu wrote:
Moto Muck wrote:
As a newer player (relative to most of you), might I ask who those are?
Moto Hailung who works better for the Crab since he gets followers for 4 less gold on attack/defense while we only get them on defense and Shinjo Sarang who can straighten followers, even while unopposed

so far we got Nijugun from Crab who supposedly synergizes w/ us (not that Crab is using the hell out Hailung so really an equal trade i guess :cry: )

we haven't gotten anyone from Spider that specifically synergizes w/ us

Moto Shintomo
Gunso

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Shinjo Sarang is not really a great splash for the Spider because there is a lot of honor loss in this environment that could make him a dead draw with their 0 starting Honor.

As for Hailung, he isn't that bad. You can set up a Retribution with him by just assigning elsewhere for defense and than attaching any cheap 4 gold follower. And most important, at least he isn't blank. :lol:

MotoKCi
White Guard

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:50 am

For Hailung to work (well), you need:

1. A 7g or more investment in buying him (the obvious)
2. Retribution
3. A follower in hand, preferably one that cost 4g or more

You are right on the count on at least he's not blank. Commander decks may actually play him going forward, that still don't make him good though....

These latest batch are pretty sweet, can't wait to play The Khan, and add some (cheap) followers, whats a good follower list? I'm thinking a JEK paragon deck with grateful rewards, vigilant riders, legion of the bat as the only followers.
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

Best sportsman 2007

Moto Damasko
White Guard

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:26 am

I would rather play personalities with battle actions over hailung, he's overcosted for what he does, and he's mostly useless vs passive defensive decks.
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Gaijin Blademaster * Stands Alone * In spite of * Inugami-Mochi
"Call me what you will, but I act with passion in all things. One cannot know compassion without living with passion."
~Moto Damasko

Moto Muck
White Guard

Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:03 pm

MotoKCi wrote:For Hailung to work (well), you need:

1. A 7g or more investment in buying him (the obvious)
2. Retribution
3. A follower in hand, preferably one that cost 4g or more

You are right on the count on at least he's not blank. Commander decks may actually play him going forward, that still don't make him good though....

These latest batch are pretty sweet, can't wait to play The Khan, and add some (cheap) followers, whats a good follower list? I'm thinking a JEK paragon deck with grateful rewards, vigilant riders, legion of the bat as the only followers.
how about the new farmland/utaku meadows region- forgot its name- also utaku elite guard if playing paragons- force adds up quickly

also need moto house guard- also outrider and shinjo's children are cheap force (though blank)

MotoKCi
White Guard

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Tactician (post TSE) and Paragon is so much better than commanders still, so i am not really tempted to build any sort of pure commander follower decks out of JEK.

If anything, i am inspired to play a JEK Paragon build or JEK tactician build with some followers as support to the other theme, taking advantage of the best of both worlds.

We do have many good decks now with more sets published, i think the time for JEK to really shine (as in potentially best option) is nigh.
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

Best sportsman 2007

• Information