Coopernicus
Gunso

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:46 am

Imperial Gift and this in every deck.
2012 Fort Mill, SC Kotei Winner

Moto Eiji
White Guard

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:08 pm

At first I was underwhelmed , but after thinking the card over it is nothing short of amazing. I agree with KCI on this. Free card draw is awesome!
Moto Eiji

Moto Damasko
White Guard

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Just be aware, if free card draw was awesome and you could run 20 cards that said "battle/open: discard this card, draw a card, take an additional action appropriate to the phase" you would still be relatively unhappy with your deck.

With so many "overpowered" cards on the environment you are still stuck with approximately 40 cards to a deck or you suffer from consistency issues. At what point does a card like this, or dazzling attire (okay cards themselves but not the bawls awesome) become "not good enough" for a slot?
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Gaijin Blademaster * Stands Alone * In spite of * Inugami-Mochi
"Call me what you will, but I act with passion in all things. One cannot know compassion without living with passion."
~Moto Damasko

Moto Eiji
White Guard

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:01 pm

In that scenario the card in question is effectively useless. But I do see your point in the premise of having a card that was only card draw.

This card is not that though. Drawing a card for free in most situations (dishonoring the body you put it on being the only way to slow it down), slowing down other players favor cycling and offering protection from abilities due to its nature as an item covers a wide enough range for me to run it over other cards. Testing is necessary to see the true value of a card and I think this one may well stand up to said testing. Just a gut feeling.

EDIT: Thinking a little more on this... hmmm... bad if going up against honor if you don't normally proclaim and it comes up late game... I really need to get out of my battle maiden mindset when talking about cards. Okay, Battle Maiden deck no question but others could probably find more useful cards.
Moto Eiji

Moto Damasko
White Guard

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Also keep in mind that for many players certain uniques were amazing last arc, "auto includes" they quickly tapered off for more powerful specific actions. This is very much a rekai's yumi, powerful, good but will fight for a slot. Is it as Brian fox says, " top 10 most broken cards in the game right now", hell no, is it good? Yes.
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Gaijin Blademaster * Stands Alone * In spite of * Inugami-Mochi
"Call me what you will, but I act with passion in all things. One cannot know compassion without living with passion."
~Moto Damasko

MotoKCi
White Guard

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:09 pm

Hmmmm, I'm not sure, this card could possibly make it into a top 10 most broken card for unicorn that was ever legal (but u have to discount kamis and free corrupted gold).

De Bellis will make it into Lion's top 10, it was in every Lion deck that could afford one, even the honor running ones because reusable card draw was too awesome. The only reason u don't see more of it was because its damn rare and costs 30+.

We all agree its very good, just that not all of us agree it's the best thing since sliced bread.

And yes, I think it's the best one out of all the naga item, if u consider it from the point of view of relevance for each clan for EE. This one is game changing against honor, just awesome against everything else. The crab/scorpion ones are just very good, and costs gold, the Phoenix one is only as strong as the strongest toolbox celestial.

The decks that give us the most grief is honor, this is a very powerful and reliable honor meta, essentially giving u another event (imperial gift) and fate card that is even more annoying than dazzling, alter history and times of strife. And it gives +1f, cost no gold, and reusable card draw. I fail to remember a stronger card, maybe broad front plus a samurais fury combo?

I will personally make adjustments to my deck to abuse this card. E.g. In a non honor gaining military deck, I will play 2x dazzling plus this card just to make the limited action reliable. Alter history was already staple, but I will not remove it so the honor advantage is 25, with imperial gift, the advantage is 27, combine with starting honor the advantage is 31. Even if u do not gain anything, this can only be shut off for 1-2 turns against the worse possible matchup, and that's assuming no dazzling.

Also, because your advantage for lobby is so great, even just proclaiming once or twice (as a strategic choice if u have this card), will completely shut off the favor lobby for honor decks, yes, even for a pure military pony deck.

Because I treat this card as a free peddler with extreme honor hate, I will be very protective of this card, to the extent of avoiding opposition for the personality with this in fear of getting Sundering/reckless, I'll probably put this on spuds like tsukiko and other small cav/support types. Honor decks can't even heirs wrath the spud.
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

New Zealand Kotei Winner 09,10,11,13,14,15
Best sportsman 2007

Moto Damasko
White Guard

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:40 pm

I do like the card for my tacticians and commanders deck, that routinely leaves a spud at home.
~Moto Damasko

Moto Muck
White Guard

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:15 pm

not sure how anyone thinks this poss a bad card in anyway- its ONLY downfall is that it costs 0G which means Gold and Steel nuke it (but then that's a card out of your opponents hand)- i actually would'nt have minded if it had cost 1G

in BM's it basically means you'll virtually have the favor all the time against all decks but Crane out of Otomo- out of all our other decks it means you'll have the favor against everyone but honor and sometimes dishonor- even if your dishonored you still get to draw a card you just have to bow someone- i mean freakin dragon has an advisor in CE who did almost what this card does and they had to pay a fair amount of gold to get him

KCi pretty much has it right- we made out like bandits on this one- also b/c Naleesh is Naga and can use every item out there (in theory)- I'm kind of toying with a turbo Naleesh deck in my mind- with cloak, armor or yari she becomes absurd

Moto Damasko
White Guard

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:01 pm

You're asking the wrong question.

Is this card good enough for a slot in your deck... Also <£*# the power outages at my house.

Does it affect your consistency enough to matter, does it support your deck or would you prefer something else in it's slot. We are getting to the point where slots aren't just auto includes anymore, this may be right now but when will it burn out.
~Moto Damasko

moto_jin
Ji-Samurai

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:27 pm

evilmerlin wrote:Can we use the rest of the naga items? Not really, we only have one Naga and she happens to be a unique. Can we use this card reliably? Yes. Is it good in our decks? Yes. So why we are arguing about this?
I am not arguing that this card is not good or I would not use this card.

I am saying we move ahead a couple of steps with this card, but I am more concerned about how many more steps the other clans have moved ahead. If this card moves us up 2 steps, it will still suck if the other clans' cards move them up 3. Sure, I'd still use this card, but we still end up falling behind.

Shinjo Hughes
White Guard

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:03 pm

:lol:
My Duty deck gets to use the Chagiftai Armor and this. Drawing 4+ cards on an average turn is going to be really fun.
:lol:
Unicorn Clan•Samurai•Brigadier General•Exp 2•Paragon•Battle Madman

ImageImage

Moto Damasko
White Guard

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Also keep in mind that your favorite weapon maker fubatsu (so good for both Kirin and khan) can wear any of these also.
~Moto Damasko

MotoKCi
White Guard

Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Naleesh, fubatsu, shakash and possibly qalyar and dark naga, that makes 9 naga, I'd do it out of TKE or KRP, not sure if just for playing 3-4 items is worthwhile to give up on other better peeps. Probably worth a shot, the armor is auto include since I play Nikarus in many builds. It will be a very fun and possibly functional deck.
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

New Zealand Kotei Winner 09,10,11,13,14,15
Best sportsman 2007

evilmerlin
White Guard

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Your KRP deck that runs Fubatsu and Nikarus could play with the armour.

Shinjo Dalu
White Guard

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:16 pm

AtotheJ wrote:This is gong into evey Unicorn deck I make from now on!
This
For the good of you, and everyone around you, don't be an asshat.
-- The Other Irish Pete, Team House Enforcer

Kamoko Shakti
White Guard

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:41 pm

1) Everything MotoKCi said is right.

2) If a card makes Moto Muck happy, you know it has to be good!

My god, the sick, twisted things I'm think about doing with these naga items... GenCon is going to be fun!
(Kamoko, because in my personal fantasy for the future of the Unicorn Clan there's a Kamoko family.)

• Information