[TSE] Serenity of Air

Moderators: Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Dun, Shinjo Magistrates

evilmerlin
White Guard

Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:46 am

Can be found here.

Air.Kata

Limited: Put this card into play. Discard all your other kata in play.

Battle/Open: If this card is in play, target your personality and if this is the Action phase, discard a card: Straighten him.

Looks like a good card. A permanent straightening effect on tap? Not bad!

Moto Damasko
White Guard

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:34 am

Discard a card to straighten? Seems bad. Might want to replace another card with this for the unit straighten.

With control coming to fruition I could see both.
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Gaijin Blademaster * Stands Alone * In spite of * Inugami-Mochi
"Call me what you will, but I act with passion in all things. One cannot know compassion without living with passion."
~Moto Damasko

Moto Muck
White Guard

Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:08 pm

straightens for free in battle-

during the action phase it basically says "all cards in my hand say 'straighten my guy'"

prob would work best in big unit tacts/commanders

our shugs already have an awesome kata

not sure if BM's need this or not

moto ritz
Nikutai

Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Battle maidens are where this would go. Combine with the 3 ageless shrines and 3 compassion yo uhave enough open straighten to make sure that all your bodies are ready for the perfect moment. It isn't that great in commanders because it only straightens the guy.

Moto Shintomo
Gunso

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:41 pm

With the exception of Death Priests (which I would run Skipping the Puddle), if I was to run a kata in any other Unicorn deck, it would probably be Seeking the Question. I see this card being used in control decks, like Crane and Dragon.

Shinjo Dalu
White Guard

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:32 am

I bow really being a huge problem for people? This is a handy effect to have in a fight, but most opponents will account for it as it is sitting there on the board. There are very few Katas worth the slot, I feel, in unicorn decks. Skipping the Puddle obviously, and I see the merit of Seeking the Question in enlightenment, after that I dont really think there is anything there.
For the good of you, and everyone around you, don't be an asshat.
-- The Other Irish Pete, Team House Enforcer

• Information