1%
Good: Not to be played in all decks, but its the MFn Khan
4%

Total votes: 67
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ji-Samurai

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 am

Shinjo Atreyu wrote:
Moto Geun Suk wrote:I think Village Guardians became Min-Hee's strongest follower ally yet. With Moto Jun-ni, VG becomes cavalry. Add something like Daigotsu Kazuko, and you have a 1 or 2-card draw engine running.

Between Kazuko, Perfect Sacrifice, Deadly Orders and the occasional kamikaze attack, Min-Hee would read like "Target Village Guardians in your discard pile. At your next Limited action, play Village Guardians and draw 1 or 2 cards".

Granted, the Guardians don't have a built-in Cavalry, but I wouldn't mind including them when I get my cards on The Khan.
Dude. That simple one-two combo of "I discard VG for a card" and "I attach VG from graveyard with Jun-ni and draw cards" almost single-handedly makes me want to switch from Tacticians to Commanders/Super-friends.

The Khaaaaaaaaaaaan is amazing!
You don't draw cards when attaching Village Guardian from the discard pile.
Spider Clan * Samurai * Cavalry * Commander * Paragon

Battle: Bow Thrakhath and target an enemy personality: Thrakhath makes a play mistake. Give the personality +4 force.

Atlanta Kotei 2012: Top Spider, 11th Overall
Orlando Kotei 2012: Top Spider

Utaku Ashley
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:32 am

Her limited doesn't attach from the discard, it puts it in your hand. From there you can attach it and draw. Very interesting jank.
**Team Perish in Flames**

Moto Geun Suk
Ji-Samurai

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 am

Shinjo Zhao wrote:Ahh good times to be a unicorn players. thought i wished she had the paragon trait (me being shameless and greedy) but eitherway i love everything else, especially drew baker as artist for this card
Nothing the Spirit of the Paragon couldn't fix ;)

She has solid keywords. Adding one more would be justifiable.

Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ji-Samurai

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:48 am

Utaku Ashley wrote:Her limited doesn't attach from the discard, it puts it in your hand. From there you can attach it and draw. Very interesting jank.
I know, I was responding to Atreyu.
Spider Clan * Samurai * Cavalry * Commander * Paragon

Battle: Bow Thrakhath and target an enemy personality: Thrakhath makes a play mistake. Give the personality +4 force.

Atlanta Kotei 2012: Top Spider, 11th Overall
Orlando Kotei 2012: Top Spider

Shinjo Atreyu
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:51 am

Daigotsu Thrakhath wrote:
You don't draw cards when attaching Village Guardian from the discard pile.
Yeah, I just noticed that. Sad panda. :(

Still, I really like the potential for draw/discard cycling fueling facets of various decks. You could put her in a Tacticians deck and use her printed abilities to enable the Tactical discard of followers you aren't using (Focus value for Force) until you need them; and when they die after you *do* play them, you then use her ability to pull them back in. Rinse, Repeat.

Same also works as potential dueling Meta, though this isn't as primary an interest (hello re-using focus effects!).
Jamie Vann - The Monstore - Montclair, California
CavalryTactician • Commander • Courtier • Imperial Explorer • Ki-Rin Clan • Samurai

Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:16 am

Having Followers as a source of discard is never a bad thing as it makes the following better.

Jurojin's Wisdom, Bamboo Harversters XP, Tacticians, Deadly Orders, Village Guardian ( bring back and re-attach form hand), Champion of Thunder (try killing that twice in one game) and that's off the top of head.

Downsides to Khan.. Min-Hee isn't a conqueror ( although one more trait would make this Satsu) and Min-Hee does break fundamental rules of the game ( like growing an extra province, moving after being in resolution) I see those as not much to complain about.
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

Moto Eiji
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:43 am

MotoKCi wrote:I thought Tselu have a better claim to Champion, man, i really hope he's not going to have Kolat printed on his card....
I think you mean Taigo. And yeah, he would have more of a claim than Min-Hee.

Love the new Khan though and I can't wait to see what she can do.
Moto Eiji

Double Decker
Nikutai

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 pm

The only thing I don't like about her is the Tactical Battle being tactical and it specifying a card with out attachments too... Other wise she's great!!!
Top 16 Sheffield, UK Kotei 2012 (13th)
Top 8 Sheffield, UK Kotei 2014 (6th)
Top 16 Worlds Second Chance, Sheffield UK 2014 (9th)

Shinjo Dalu
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Double Decker wrote:The only thing I don't like about her is the Tactical Battle being tactical and it specifying a card with out attachments too... Other wise she's great!!!
I too would prefer her if she had a totally costless kill action, through attachments and could still Tac a province afterwards. Shame.
For the good of you, and everyone around you, don't be an asshat.
-- The Other Irish Pete, Team House Enforcer

Moto Damasko
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Amazing art, solid abilities, good ratios, she may be a total bitch in character but I will play her all arc in my commander deck. Also provides incentive to run followers in the tactician based decks.
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Gaijin Blademaster * Stands Alone * In spite of * Inugami-Mochi
"Call me what you will, but I act with passion in all things. One cannot know compassion without living with passion."
~Moto Damasko

Shinjo Hughes
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Being Shinjo, Naleesh would have the same authority to hand control back to the Shinjo, that Shinjo had to take it away from the Shinjo. Shinjo.
Unicorn Clan•Samurai•Brigadier General•Exp 2•Paragon•Battle Madman

ImageImage

Moto Muck
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:29 pm

i don't like that her ability is a tact one- once again DT shuts one of our guys off from using thematic cards if we want to use her ability

also makes you use mostly crappy followers to get full use out of her abilites- maybe there's some combo there w/ deadly orders or village guardian or something we haven't seen yet- at least gets us some more follower recursion which is something we really needed since followers tend to die when hit w/ a light breeze-

at least she's a 6F tact for 10G

Shinjo Dalu
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Moto Muck wrote:i don't like that her ability is a tact one- once again DT shuts one of our guys off from using thematic cards if we want to use her ability

also makes you use mostly crappy followers to get full use out of her abilites- maybe there's some combo there w/ deadly orders or village guardian or something we haven't seen yet- at least gets us some more follower recursion which is something we really needed since followers tend to die when hit w/ a light breeze-

at least she's a 6F tact for 10G
Maybe design thought it would be a bit much for her to be able to kill a defender and still be able to take a province without some sort of attachment. Her Battle ability is strong, yes it would be stronger if it had less of a cost, but its not necessary, it would be too strong.

She is Moto Xiao, and for an extra 2 gold we gain a keyword, pick up an added bonus on the kill action and get a limited action as well. I will take that.
For the good of you, and everyone around you, don't be an asshat.
-- The Other Irish Pete, Team House Enforcer

MotoKCi
White Guard

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:07 pm

U forgot to mention she have the option to solo provinces, better than Xiao to me.
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

New Zealand Kotei Winner 09,10,11,13,14,15
Best sportsman 2007

muchitsujo
Heimin

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Shinjo Dalu wrote: Maybe design thought it would be a bit much for her to be able to kill a defender and still be able to take a province without some sort of attachment.
It's almost like she can fetch that attachment from the discard...

Coopernicus
Gunso

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:52 am

Seems really good with a tactician centric deck. Discard followers into the yard. Get them back to discard again or play them from the discard pile.

Tact/Commander out of Ki-Rin seems like a legit possibility... at least it looks like a lot of fun.
2012 Fort Mill, SC Kotei Winner

Shinjo Kinou
White Guard

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:13 am

I was reading over the comments in the Moto Mario thread, and I have to agree that followers are getting a lot of hate right now, so her while her ability is great, relying on her for her and Jun-Ni for follower support might not be the best.

• Information