Pony/crab dishonor brainstorming :)

This is a moderated discussion for forum for more in depth topics related to the CCG.

Moderators: Shinjo Dalu, Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Magistrates

Ide Leenath
Ashigaru

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Greetings!
I got the idea from the previous crab splashed honor build,but with a little twitch: dishonor.
The deck : https://fiveringsdb.com/strains/e93418c ... 6fca4/view

Golden Plains Outpost
Keeper of Void
Manicured Garden Air
Entrenched Position Earth
Meditations on the Tao Fire
Shameful Display Void
Endless Plains Water
Influence: 13/13

Dynasty:
3x Border Rider
3x Giver of Gifts
3x Ide Trader
2x Keeper Initiate
2x Meishōdō Wielder
2x Moto Horde
3x Moto Youth
2x Otomo Courtier
2x Shinjo Altansarnai
3x Shinjo Outrider
2x Shinjo Tatsuo
2x Swift Magistrate
3x Utaku Infantry
2x Utaku Yumino
3x Warrior Poet
3x Windswept Yurt

Conflict:
Event (18)

3x Assassination
3x Banzai!
3x Captive Audience
2x Cavalry Reserves
2x Charge!
3x Court Games
2x Way of the Unicorn
Attachment (18)

3x Favored Mount
2x Fine Katana
2x Finger of Jade
3x Ornate Fan
2x Reprieve //
3x Spyglass
3x Watch Commander ///// ////
Character (4)

2x Iuchi Wayfinder
2x Stoic Gunsō //

First of all the provinces:

Endless plains is good as a surprise (many 2 fated KAede and Toturi died valiantly here:D).Usually Im placing it in the middle,since almost every enemy likes to take middle provinces in the first 2 turn.Its good for narrowing the board. BUT. Dont forget that you dont need to break it if you cant do serious damage with it.And the conflict goes on,so if the enemy takes a vital ring,dont let him get it after you use the reaction.

Manicured garden / Fertile fields debate: Individual preference,but I really like Fertile fields since this is a dishonor deck. Why? Because 1card means 1 honor plus tempo.

Mediations on the tao. Well everyone know what this province worth.Getting 1 fate from an enemy champion or a Kaede is a must. (Alternatively you can use Night raid,but its very situational)

Shameful display. Imo the best province for me. Its a bit hard to learn how to utilize it to the best.Dont forget that you can move a bowed character there in military.My main targets are Tatsuo or Giver of gifts.

Entrenched/Ancestral lands. Im using Acestral under my SH,since my build is a versatile but political oriented deck (and enemy usually think that we will use entrenched)

Key elements in dynasty:
Giver of gifts ----> MVP for me. High POL,good glory.A province taker alone.Ping-pong spyglass and watch commander is a joy. Always play her with 2 fate.
Ide trader ----> our second courtier.Utilize his economy skill via Favored mount (or seal later on).Try to use him at least twice a round.
Moto youth ----> play him early without fate to utilize cavalry reserve later (or give him 1 fate so you can force out an early Assassination)
Shinjo Tatsuo ---> Didnt use him earlier.Overpriced and shit ability I thought. Buthonestly he win so much match for me. Play the mind game: attack with small force,let the enemy over or undercommit then move him with Utaku infantry =rapefest.

I want to replace Yumino with 3 Ide Tadaji since I need as much courtier as I can.

Conflict must have cards:
Reprieve ----> everyone knows this card. Charge the Golden Rose aka Altansarnai then reprieve and watch the enemy's face.
Watch commander----> the best card hands down. With Giver of gifts and Shinjo Outrider you can have a Watch commander in every freaking conflict. That means usually 1-3 honor loss for the enemy per conflict. (Let go and Calling in favors can be a hassle,but atleast he wont steal your Spyglass + loses honor)
Spyglass. Nuff said. You can bid 1-2 every turn and win by dh because of this beauty. Try to use it twice a round.
Cavalry reserve,charge,court games,for shame. These are key cards,but everyone knows them I think.

Other cards that I want to use in later:
3x Ide Tadaji
2x Child of the plains
2x Saddle
2x Political debate
2x Censure
2x Seal of the unicorn (and 2x favored mount)
3x Kamoko (because I hope the 5 fate unique will be her :P)

This deck is pretty new,but used it in two separate club days. First day I got a win against a pretty good enemy and two loss. Yesterday I won every single game with it. Crushed the best phoenix,a dishnor crab,a scorpion,a crane and my Unicorn mentor aswell.All wins were dishonor (against the Crane I had 20 honor)

Honorable mention: Yurt. We need 3,but need to learn when to use it to give tempo but dont give the enemy too much.Never used it for honor,but for broader board in t2-4.
The deck is pretty enjoyable.With Spyglass you can bid low.If you have 1-2 Watch commander the enemy cant bid high even in t2-3.
Im mainly going for the usual rings: fire,void,air. But learn to think with the enemy's head. I learned that usually better for not going for the ring YOU need,but blocking the ring the enemy WANTS. eg: air,earth. Earth can really help,since the enemy cant bid high.

Sry for the wall of text and I hope that you guys can give me some insight and help later:)
Milan Terek, proud Unicorn from Hungary
Swift as the wind :)

Tournament results:
Launch event 3-3
National league 1st round 4-2 5th
National league 2nd round 3-2 6th

Ide Leenath
Ashigaru

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:41 am

Played 10match on Jigoku in the last 2 days. From 10 match only lost once to a dishonor Crab.All the other wins were dishonor for me.
New cards: Saddle is soso,maybe I will cut it,since I have lots of non-cavalry courtiers.
Tadaji ----> freakin good hands down.Honor him up then he is a beast with watch commander and favored mount.Taking provinces alone.
Policy debate: pretty good card for 0 cost.You can check the enemy's hand and discard a card.That means 1 card less,1 honor later on and lost tempo. Plus you can bid lower in the next round.Synergy well with Watch commander and Spyglass.
All in all: I think I found my playstyle :) Courtier unicorn is really good :)

Tournament results:
Launch event 3-3

Moto Kindo
White Guard

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:19 am

Excellent deck and write up fellow brother of the Unicorn

let's show them what it means to underestimate the people of the Wind!

Ide Leenath
Ashigaru

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Thanks brother:)
Summoning Silme :) Give me some insight about my deck idea:)

Tournament results:
Launch event 3-3

Ide Leenath
Ashigaru

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:44 am

Hola guys! :)
Quick update: continuing the test of the dishonor Unicourtier deck. Online I have 85% winrate. Most difficult opponents are the dishonor clans: scorpion and crab.
The deck working fine and pretty consistent.
With 3 new pack out I did/ I will do some changes:
- Child of plains: pretty good addidition. Using now 2 (bye Meishodo wielder:() Not the best,but will be pretty invaluable later when more options opens up (but avoding shameful and other nasty province filps are good imo or starting with rout etc)
-Censure: Soso.I have the favor 70%. But sometimes its a dead card in my hand. Consider using 2,but dont know what to remove.
- Spies at court: Fits the political dishonor theme well. Just dont forget to always carry a 1 glory character to dishonor that. Yesterday totally fucked a dragon with this card+ earth ring. He cant make a Voltron without cards:D
-Policy debate: Ultimately the best card for me in the first 3 pack. With a honored Tadaji or Giver you will rock them. Checking their hand plus discarding a card is pretty powerful tool. Plus if you are good in the mind game you can even burn 1-3 honor of them.
-Goblin sneak: Yes everyone knows that this card is not good. But 2 of them fits the theme well. Lion sitting on 1 fate and attacking with 4 bushi? No FGG today thanks. Phoenix not defending and sitting on 2 fate? Nope,dont want Display of power :) etc. Its a really good card for ruining enemy tactics.

Yesterday in our club day I defeated everyone.Maybe I was lucky but went 4/4 against 2 lion,1 crane,1 dragon :)

Ps: Im thinking about to make a blog about the Unicorn feelings now. The road from despair to glory :)
ps2: I will attend to Warsaw and Dusseldorf kotei and going for Hatamotot yeeehaw :)

Tournament results:
Launch event 3-3

Erukai
Hohei

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:19 pm

I'd look into 2x or so of either rout/outwit. whichever corresponds to the conflict type you usually declare second. child of the plains+send home can help force an unopposed conflict for an additional honor loss.

Ridenhour
Eta

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:59 am

Seems like a cool deck but I'm hardly an expert. Would this deck be good to emulate by beginner players or would you recommend something simpler?

Ide Leenath
Ashigaru

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:58 am

Thanks:) A bit harder than the standard military-Lion one,but imo its rewarding if you learn it :)

Tournament results:
Launch event 3-3

Ide Leenath
Ashigaru

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Hey there:)
Had the second round of our national league. Since Christmas is close we only had 32 players so only had 5 round. I made a measly 3-2 and got 6th place (first Unicorn yeehaw :D).
Went against 3 (!!!) Lion ---> Beat two with dishonor and the last one trashed my Sh in 18minutes :D
Went against a hybrid Phoenix (we just call him "ariel",because of the prodigy abuse) He got absolute best start and trashed me with 2 prodigy and 2 against the waves in 2 turns.
The last match was against a pretty good Crane,whom I could dishonor at the 58min mark :)
All in all Im pretty happy with the Crab splash and the dishonor tools.Need to make some changes like:
- 2 Rout to abuse Juro
- 2 Hiruma ambusher
- cut 2 Outwit?
Made some province changes: Endless Plains,Public forum,Tao,Before the throne and Massive at Twilight under Sh.
The first 5 pack were legal,so no Shinjo scout or Talisman this time :(
I think we are a little bit more competetive but WAY far away from Lion or Crab (plus the seeker clans with the crab blade are insane trashers). We need 100% good piloting without any fails to be in the cut Imo.
Didnt receive the refreshed scores but Im around 4-6th place atm in the League:)

Tournament results:
Launch event 3-3

Ide Leenath
Ashigaru

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 am

Golden Plains Outpost
Keeper of Void
Before the throne Air
Public forum Earth
Meditations on the Tao Fire
Massing at Twilight Void
Endless Plains Water
Influence: 13/13

Dynasty:
3x Border Rider
3x Giver of Gifts
3x Ide Trader
2x Ide Tadaji
2x Keeper Initiate
3x Moto Juro
3x Moto Youth
2x Shinjo Altansarnai
3x Shinjo Outrider
2x Shinjo Tatsuo
2x Swift Magistrate
3x Utaku Infantry
2x Utaku Mediator
3x Warrior Poet
3x Windswept Yurt

Conflict:
Event (18)

3x Assassination
3x Banzai!
2x Captive Audience
2x Cavalry Reserves
3x Charge!
3x Court Games
3x Policy Debate
Attachment (18)

2x Favored Mount
2x Fine Katana
2x Finger of Jade
3x Ornate Fan
2x Reprieve //
3x Spyglass
3x Watch Commander ///// ////
Character (4)

2x Iuchi Wayfinder
2x Hiruma ambusher //

Updated decklist. Want to throw in 2-3 seal and 2-3 Talisman and 3x new scout.

Tournament results:
Launch event 3-3

• Information