Not Sure Why?

This is a moderated discussion for forum for more in depth topics related to the CCG.

Moderators: Shinjo Dalu, Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Magistrates

Freemare
Heimin

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:17 am

So I am fairly new to playing L5R. However I can play...etc but for what ever reason, I cant win. I dont think my deck is working that great. I would like a deck with more spells...etc. If someone could maybe give me some help on the deck that would help. I also find I cant get a lot of gold till the next turn around. While my opponents are all ready get attackers out and have a lot of gold. The deck also needs to be legal play. I have a kotai coming....Help.

Here is my deck list

The gold plains of the unicorn
Takeru Sensei

Holdings
Colonial Temple x2
Kabuki theater troupe
stables x3
Family Dojo
Wandering Caravan x2
Heavy Infantry dojo x2
Expansive range x2
Akodo Dojo
counting house
Cloth market x3
famous bazaar
second city market
carpenter shrine
rice paddy

Shinjo Ajasu Topaz champion x3
Utaku Hyo-yeon x3
Iuchi Chiwa x2
Shinjo Okiau x 3
Moto naleesh the living goddess
Ide okinomi
Moto Okano x3
Akenohoshi the Dancer x 2

Allied efforts
Light infantry x2
Light cavalry
Meadium infantry
Legion of the khan x2
new cavalry tactics x2
blessed sword
ensorcelled longsword
storm forged blade
touch the emptiness
servitors of stone
strike the earth
creating order
a good death x2
sneak attack x2
relentless x 2
sudden movement
fall back
back to the front x 2
contentious terrain x 2
versatile army x 3
game of dice
ring of the void
traveling ronin
discretionary valor
kaiu axe
spearmen cavalry
ring of water
outnumbered
a stout heart

Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:22 pm

I would start by asking the primary question what is beating you and why?

I would follow that up by asking what you are trying to do with your deck?

It looks at first glance as having issues with focus and gold development, and that almost always leads to death.

I would also look over the lists in the deck list forum or repost this there as it is move likely to get specific card responses rather than generalized strategy talk there.

I'll be able to give some better ideas once I test the scheme out myself if I can find the time

cheers and welcome to the clan
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

Freemare
Heimin

Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Ide Yesugei wrote:I would start by asking the primary question what is beating you and why?

I would follow that up by asking what you are trying to do with your deck?

It looks at first glance as having issues with focus and gold development, and that almost always leads to death.

I would also look over the lists in the deck list forum or repost this there as it is move likely to get specific card responses rather than generalized strategy talk there.

I'll be able to give some better ideas once I test the scheme out myself if I can find the time

cheers and welcome to the clan
I have been destroyed by phoenix, crane, crab.... just about every deck you could think off. I know that I cant get a enough worriers out with enough force to take a provence. I would like to have a deck that can get things done right away in my deck. Like getting my people out, cast a few spells...etc to stop them and to take a provence.

MotoKCi
White Guard

Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:30 pm

The game is more complex than most other ccgs, and have quite a steep learning curve.

So most new players will end up losing a lot to more experienced players, which is part of what makes bringing new blood quite hard as overall, it is a difficult process and can put players off.

The game is left less to chance, if i was to hazard a guess, it will be 60% deck building, 30% skill and 10% luck.

If the deck building is not there, no amount of luck and skill can turn it around (assuming if the other person is playing a better tuned deck). So i suggest to start working on deck building first, and look at what others had done as a guide (you don't have to play exactly the same cards, just go for similar ratios of holdings, attachments, personalities, etc....).
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

New Zealand Kotei Winner 09,10,11,13,14,15
Best sportsman 2007

Daisy221
Eta

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:14 am

i am newbie here, my name is daisy and i am from Alabama :)

Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:23 pm

Welcome Daisy... sorry to ahve missed this while getting ready for Gencon. Will you be there?
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

• Information