Does a new role mean new province lineup?

This is a moderated discussion for forum for more in depth topics related to the CCG.

Moderators: Shinjo Dalu, Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Magistrates

Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:59 am

Right now I am waiting for the post Gencon Results to see what new role we have and was thinking about what I would run style wise with a new role.

The only province I'm settled on is Earth for Unholding Authority as it helps my early game strategy with both hand knowledge and a nice discard effect.

But the others.. in Keeper I tend to run

Air: Border Fortress ( although I miss the fate)
Fire: Meditations on the DOA
Void : Shameful Display
Water : Endless Plains

I was looking at a post keeper world without talisman to protect my stuff and was thinking more of (currently Seeker of Water in lead)

AIR: Demonstrating Excelence
EARTH: Upholding Authority
FIRE: NA
VOID: Pilgrimage
Water 1:Along the river of gold
Water 2:Seeking the Truth

This was to give a good D province.. on at least half the open line .. a good reuseabe action.. and some extra 5s on the main.. thoughts?
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

Ide Fix
Eta

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:54 am

In my opinion we should consider not only the province effects but also the province strength. The gab between 3 and 4 is larger than between 4 and 5 in my view. A strength of 4 and more means that the opponent mostly can't take it with one character.

I won't play Demonstrating Excellence in unicorn. An exception I would make for Feast or Famine because the effect is devastating. On Earth I'm still a fan of Ancestral Lands. It may allow you even not to defend your stronghold, instead taking all characters into attack.

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1A mit Tapatalk

Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 am

I agree with the overall assessment of the gap between three and four being larger than four and five.. but I think that's so due to so many four strength provinces which skews the curve to <4 being weak and easily broken and >5 being tough to crack. The use of an air province in a seeker lineup is just to give a little more oomph as your defensive resources in a seeker deck are tougher to come by.
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

• Information