Paramaidens, Charlestown winners choice 3rd place

The place to post your new ideas for decks or decks you have been working on for competitive play that have not seen play in large tournament.

Moderators: Shinjo Dalu, Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Magistrates

theradakast
Hohei

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:04 am

The Utaku Plains
Border Keep Exp.
Bamboo Harvesters

1x Shinjo’s Guidance
1x Alter History
1x Imperial Census
1x The War of Dark Fire
1x Plains of Resolution
3x The Blessed Herd
3x Stables
3x Clan Estate
1x Oyo Seido
1x Counting House
1x Traveling Peddler
1x Kitsune Den
1x Chugo Seido
1x Iuchi Katamari Xp.
1x Shinjo Ki-Chang Xp
1x Shinjo Kodama
1x Moto Chen Xp3
1x Utaku Yu-Pan Xp2
1x Utaku Fujiko Xp
1x Utaku Kohana Xp
3x Utaku Ji-Yun
2x Utaku Toshie
3x Utaku Eun-ju
3x Utaku Liu-Xeung
3x Utaku Jin-Lao

1x A Game of Dice
3x A Pure Heart
2x A Yojimbo’s Duty
3x Cast Aside the Weak
1x Creating Order
3x Desperate Rush
2x Determined Force
3x Force of Spirit
3x Grateful Reward
1x Honor Never Falls
3x Iron Will
3x Only Actions Speak
3x Riding in Harmony
3x Shameful and Cowardly
2x The Cost of Pride
3x The Wind Never Stops
1x Ring of Water
1x Ring of Void

Basically the idea of this deck is to buy a maiden turn one and take a couple of early provinces to slow own my opponent. then build up to take the rest. with the 6 force pumps i have about a 90% chance of getting one in my opening 6 cards. if i do not have one i tend to flush for a blessed herd or 2 other monies and buy 2 peeps turn 2 to start munching provinces. The Katamari, Kodama and Plains of resolution were last minute additions, replacing Tadatsugu and they were a choice i am happy with. Katamari doesnt see ALOT o play but i love him vs crab scouts (jikugun and tennyo) Big crabs running The Red Hunger, Phoenix Cav (Houhou and Kunji) The Dark Naga ( some people tossed him into random decks for his 2nd ability)
Unicorn Clan * Naga * Samurai * Experienced 3 * Unique * Paragon * Disciple of Paisei
ImageImage

Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:26 pm

I tested this type of build for a while and after a lot of stompage and finding that Fruitless Search is so broken in a Dueling Deck. ( up the enema scale to Lava) and that adding Spirit of Knowledge really smoothed out the dynasty flip. It juts looks like the turn 1 rush is really too chancy to rely on in a heavy military field with only 7 guys being able to take a turn province with your boosts. Although with the amount of pump you have you might ahve had a good run with Ring of earth to conserve a card
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

theradakast
Hohei

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:51 pm

1x Utaku Yu-Pan Xp2 (APH and RiH) 10 force
1x Utaku Fujiko Xp (APH and RiH) 7 force
1x Utaku Kohana Xp (APH and RiH) 8 force
3x Utaku Ji-Yun (APH and RiH) 10 force
2x Utaku Toshie (RiH) 9 force +
3x Utaku Eun-ju (APH and RiH) 10 force
3x Utaku Liu-Xeung (APH and RiH) 8 force
3x Utaku Jin-Lao (RiH) 9 force

as far as fruitless search, since its unique I'm not too worried because if i am playing a dueling based deck they only have a 1/5 chance to have it in hand on my first attack assuming i buy someone t1, also assuming they are running 40 cards flat, alot of dueling decks run more since they burn thru fate decks fast.
and spirit of knowledge i find too slow for me since i have to bow them as a battle action to draw the card and i don't like having to discard extra cards for a 1-4 force bonus (one being the spirit of knowledge and the one you ditch to tactician)

with the average province strength currently legal in CE being 7.1 ( counting Embassy as 7 since they generally have the favor) all but 1 of 17 people, that can use the kung-fu, can take the average province. there are only 10 strongholds with an 8 PS which still leaves me with 12 people who can take them, or 7 if you are looking at availability of using both kung-fu's) so 7/40 cards, with the ability to flip 12 cards on t1 that is pretty much guaranteed chances of flipping someone t1 who can take out any province, not including Chen who can eat babies.

i considered RoE but i couldn't decide what to take out for it since I'm running 41 anyways i cant justify its inclusion and going to 42 ( im not happy with 41 as it is)
Unicorn Clan * Naga * Samurai * Experienced 3 * Unique * Paragon * Disciple of Paisei
ImageImage

Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:38 pm

theradakast wrote:1x Utaku Yu-Pan Xp2 (APH and RiH) 10 force
1x Utaku Fujiko Xp (APH and RiH) 7 force
1x Utaku Kohana Xp (APH and RiH) 8 force
3x Utaku Ji-Yun (APH and RiH) 10 force
2x Utaku Toshie (RiH) 9 force +
3x Utaku Eun-ju (APH and RiH) 10 force
3x Utaku Liu-Xeung (APH and RiH) 8 force
3x Utaku Jin-Lao (RiH) 9 force

as far as fruitless search, since its unique I'm not too worried because if i am playing a dueling based deck they only have a 1/5 chance to have it in hand on my first attack assuming i buy someone t1, also assuming they are running 40 cards flat, alot of dueling decks run more since they burn thru fate decks fast.
and spirit of knowledge i find too slow for me since i have to bow them as a battle action to draw the card and i don't like having to discard extra cards for a 1-4 force bonus (one being the spirit of knowledge and the one you ditch to tactician)

with the average province strength currently legal in CE being 7.1 ( counting Embassy as 7 since they generally have the favor) all but 1 of 17 people, that can use the kung-fu, can take the average province. there are only 10 strongholds with an 8 PS which still leaves me with 12 people who can take them, or 7 if you are looking at availability of using both kung-fu's) so 7/40 cards, with the ability to flip 12 cards on t1 that is pretty much guaranteed chances of flipping someone t1 who can take out any province, not including Chen who can eat babies.

i considered RoE but i couldn't decide what to take out for it since I'm running 41 anyways i cant justify its inclusion and going to 42 ( im not happy with 41 as it is)
Actually, based on the math you've provided you should be marking Embassy as 6 since under your version you are assuming that you either a) have determined force in hand (about 1 in 4) or b) They didn't flip a Doji Shikishi. This deck by design should own crane, lion, pony and would have issues with Phx, Crab scout, Spider Goblin Breed, Mantis Zoo and such.

The blitz strat that is proposed is the one that makes certain card choices questionable.

1. Oyo Seido Most BM decks are at 8 before you can blink and no one should ever be able to dishonor one out of the game unless the stars align to make it so.
2. Counting House- If you are taking provinces on turn 2, how are you fallling behind?
3. Travelling Peddler - You should be playing a 4-5 turn game. Assumeing you buy peddlar on turn 2 you may draw 3 cards from it at the cost of two guys.

Some choices are more meta based to the local environment which is always a smart idea. But for RoE I'd be looking at RoV since you shouldn't be playing 4 cards at one battle unless its to end the game and blitz decks normally don't pack cards designed to win more. I'd also chop game of dice to get down to 40.

Congrats on the finish,
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

theradakast
Hohei

Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:45 pm

well with only 2 determined force in the deck i only get it in opening 7 cards about 1/3 games, thats why i put embassy at a 7. if they buy someone t2 they will lobby t3, which i have only taken 1 province at this point.

as far as the holdings, very valid points, i was planning on taking out counting house and likely oyo seido since they were not really useful (never used counting house the entire tourney), the t-ped will likely stay since i tend to like to build up before taking the last one if necessary and for standoffs to cycle cards. it is really blitz and build and i like to cycle thru the cards as fast as possible to get what i need. RoV usually just gets cycled.
ImageImage

• Information